Following Jesus is a growing experience. New Journey presents educational opportunities that inform, inspire, and motivate church and community members. As a community of faith, we continue to learn from each other, from various perspectives.
Bible study with Holy Communion will return fall 2021. Stay tuned for more exciting details.
Beginning October 13 at 10:00 am at New Journey, you are invited to join us by Zoom (contact Sarah for the invitation) for a study on the Christian Faith by David Lose titled “Making Sense of the Christian Faith”. This eight-week series explores the major theological doctrines of the Christian faith. The schedule is below:
- October 13—God Talk: Theology
- Before tuning into the session on Original Blessing, write down some of your thoughts about creation. What do you admire about creation? What do you fear? What do you think about your relation to creation?
- October 20—Original Blessing: Creation
- Before tuning into the session on Missing the Mark, write down what you think about sin. Is your reaction to this word and concept largely positive, negative, apprehensive, or something else?
- Bonus: Jot down your response to the ideas that 1) Sin names things we’ve done wrong and 2) describes our human condition. Does this make sense? Where do you see both sins and the mark of Sin in the world and in our lives?
- October 27—Missing the Mark: Sin
- November 3—East of Eden: Covenant, Law and Community
- November 10—God con Carne: Incarnation
- November 17—Life Wins: Atonement
- November 24—The Body of Christ: Church and Holy Spirit
- December 1—The End of All Things: Eschatology
- Gather: Welcome, Introductions, Prayer & Review
- Join the Conversation: Video, Conversation Starters & Activity
- Open the Bible: Read & Discuss Bible Passages
- Extending the Conversation: Review What We’ve Learned & Looking Ahead to the Next Session
- Closing Prayer & Dismissal